Thursday, April 21, 2011

Extra Credit: The Evil Will Always Find A Way To Come Back *Spoiler Alerts*

           In most fantasy books after the "bad" guys they always have a way of coming back to get their revenge on the good guys. For example, in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Voldemort came back 14 years after being defeated by Harry, with the help of Wormtail. In the book I read over break The City of Fallen Angels, by Cassandra Clare, Sebastian returns from the dead to get back at Jace and start a race of Shadowhunters with demon blood in them. I think that no matter how many times the bad guy returns he will always be defeated.
           In The City of Fallen Angels Jace and Clary can finally be together considering they both found out they're not brother and sister. However Jace slowly starts to drift away from Clary and she can't figure out why. Jace says its because he's trying to forget his past, but the real reason is because the demon Lilith is possessing him so she can use him, Clary and Simon (Clary's friend) to bring Sebastian back to life. From these moments I noticed that antagonist was trying to be brought back like in other fantasies. In this book Simon had no other choice but to bring back Sebastian because he knows Jace is possessed and will kill Clary if he has to. Fortunately, Clary gets Jace unpossessed with her love and frees herself. Simon and Jace then work together to kill Lilith. However, Lilith made a connection between Jace and Sebastian so he was brought back to life anyway. From these moments I can conclude that the villain is willing to do anything to get back at the good guys.
           What I think the author is trying to say is that throughout life bad things will always come your way but you just have to fight it. It will come back one day but you have to just fight it and move on with your life. In the previous book, City of Glass Jace fought against Clary and won and they finally got to be together in peace. Now that Sebastian is back, Jace has to fight him once again and then once again he will be back with Clary. It will be hard for him but he knows if he fights this, in the end everything will be ok.
           Today, I see this at work everyday. I see in other books and I see it in other people's lives all the time. In fact this happened to me recently. The other day I faced a 78 on a science test. I didn't see it coming at all. for I long time I sulked about it, then I realized that being sad about this grade won't do any good. I need to instead be prepared for the next test and hope that I do so good that it makes me forget about this grade. I think that everyone should have this attitude about situations like this and get rid of the "bad" in our lives no matter how many times it comes back because one day it will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment