Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Lost Hero

            One of my favorite series in the whole world is Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I love it because of the way Rick Riordan draws you into the story and keeps you in. When I heard he was making another series based on it I was so giddy. My sister pre-ordered The Heroes of Olympus One: The Lost Hero a month before it came out and I have been waiting eagerly for it. When it finally came I was jumping up and down. I read the blurb and was drawn in immediately. Unfortunately I was so happy I got the book I wanted to make the story last and keep the book in perfect condition. I would read a couple of pages at a time and put the book away just to keep the story in my head for a long time. I didn't realize until recently that this was a very stupid thing to do, considering I have a blog post due on it and I have to make a connection to social change/justice/action. Now only 126 pages into the book I will write the best blog post I possibly can.
            The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan is about how Camp Half Blood is facing many problems now right after they have fought in a war against the Titans. Mount Olympus is closed, Percy Jackson went missing, Hera is kidnapped and three new demigods have showed up not knowing what is going on. One of the demigods, Leo gets claimed and is constantly seeing ghosts,Piper is still not claimed and get weird dreams and prophecies at random times, while Jason the last demigod lost his memory, still isn't claimed and seems to be Roman while everyone else at the camp is Greek.
              One injustice that I noticed in the book was that some people get made fun of because of someone's family background or what thier family income is. Piper is constantly made fun of because her clasmates think her father is a Cherokee and doesn't make a very high income. Fortunately for Piper her dad is really an actor but thier family keeps it a secret inorder to keep Piper safe when it is only hurting her more. Also in both the Percy Jackson series and The Lost Hero the demigods are thought to have all these stereotypical personalities because of the godly parents they have. Even though most of these demigod's personalities are connected to thier parents it isn't right to be making assumptions based on silly stereotypes because it really can be hurtful to others.
               You might be thinking that this blog post is pretty bad, but I think it's great because it is based on The Lost Hero

1 comment:

  1. i really loved this aishwarya! i love your voice in the beginning, i can totally hear that it's you. you touched upon the important topic of prejudice because of birth, and i like how you picked that out of the story. i love percy jackson!

    ReplyDelete