Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life is Peaceful

,   Water Lilies By: Claude Monet

Life is peaceful
with water lilies in a pond that doesn't ripple.
Life is peaceful
with chirping birds high in the trees.
Life is peaceful
with soft green grass to sit on.
Life is peaceful
with colorful flowers on trees that just bloomed.
Life is peaceful
with the sun high in the sky letting off happiness.
Life is peaceful
only in Claude Monet's paintings.

3 comments:

  1. I used this poem in my blog post this week! Hope you like that and I really like the twist at the end of this poem. Good job!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! this is a really great interperitation of this poem, and i agree with it. I guess it shows that you can think things are and/or will be perfect, but really they are nothing of the sort. I remember seeing the actual Monet paintings in the MoMA and thinking something similar to that. great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem, Aishwarya! Your vocab is awesome and your poem created such a nice image in my mind... I specially like the last 2 lines

    ReplyDelete